eCommerce Website with Dynamics GP Sales Order
Integration for Tent Manufacturer
MMI Outdoor selected TwinEngines to architect and build an eCommerce website for a dedicated Internet sales channel.
- Following its Lean Web principles, TwinEngines developed a custom, secure eCommerce website integrated to MMI Outdoor’s ERP system and fulfillment process.
- The site includes a specialized online product catalog with photo galleries, videos, user manuals and accessories.
- A web content management tool gives employees the ability to efficiently update content and SEO features.
Located on the banks of Catoma Creek in Montgomery, Alabama, MMI Outdoor has manufactured Catoma Outdoor tents since 1993. After becoming an establisheded leader in firefighting and tactical specialty tents, commercial backpacking and motorcycling tents were then added to the Catoma Outdoor brand.
MMI needed a dedicated Internet sales channel to increase sales of its Catoma Outdoor specialty tents and simultaneously build market share for its commercial tents.
MMI wanted to showcase their tents with better photography, videos, and content such as blogs, reviews and user manuals. All to help consumers get the information they need to make a purchase online.
- Leverage the pedigree in specialty tents to establish market presence in commercial backpacking and motorcycling tents
- Increase market share in specialty tents for tactical and firefighting markets
- Sell the right tent to the right person for the right situation by providing the information people need to make a purchase
- Integrate the online sales channel to internal business systems and processes so as not to add additional operational costs
- Architect the Catoma Outdoor website to clearly present the new brand of tents and there value proposition
- Build a specialized product catalog including photo galleries, videos, specifications, features and accessories
- A customized, PCI-compliant eCommerce platform integrated with credit card payment processing and UPS shipping
- Custom blog technology to inform consumers and aid organic search engine optimization
- Web content management tool that empowers employees to easily update website content
- Automatic synchronization of product inventory and automatic transmission of internet orders into Microsoft Dynamics GP
Catoma Outdoor started building tents in 1993 for the USDI Wilderness Firefighters. With their facility located on the banks of the Catoma Creek, Catoma decided to borrow the name and Catoma Outdoor was born. Since 1993, Catoma has continued to design and build lightweight tents for the U.S.D.I. Forest Service and tactical customers.