ABM Industries Incorporated (NYSE:ABM), with more than 100,000 employees, provides janitorial, facility, engineering, parking and security services for thousands of commercial, industrial, institutional and retail facilities across the United States, Puerto Rico and British Columbia, Canada. ABM wanted a new website to celebrate their 100 year anniversary and to enhance the web presence for visitors.
ABM was also standardizing their web presence (corporate website, Intranet and Extranets) on the Microsoft SharePoint platform, and did not yet have the IT staff to guide the design phase and then implement the website in a SharePoint production server farm environment.
ABM Industries was marking the Company's 100th anniversary with a new website design. They needed a partner that could work with their marketing agency to implement the design using the Microsoft SharePoint web content management system.
- Meet a fast approaching due date to have the website live for the 100 year anniversary celebrated by ABM.
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout the Web site and provide the approval workflows for departments to author their own content.
- Create a custom flash update tool to allow marketing staff to simply upload new images to change flash components
- Integrate to third-party tools such as Salesforce.com for sales opportunities, Shareholder.com for investors and Monster.com for jobs.
- Provide a custom Office Locator tool so people can see what services are offered near them
- Create a custom search function to provide the unique search capabilities ABM desired for visitors
- Implement a content deployment strategy that lowers deployment and management costs for IT: Development to Authoring to Production Farm
- Customize SharePoint by creating site elements such as custom workflows and Web Parts, combined with customized site elements that are authored, such as master pages, cascading style sheets, and layout pages.
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout the Web site by creating master pages and page layouts that enable branding and navigation to be specified once and reused by all departments.
- Implement easy-to-use authoring tools and approval workflows so ABM groups can author and publish Web content in a timely manner with minimal IT involvement.
- Organize and classify documents and images content within a centralized document repository to provide a consistent method to save time finding and reusing information.
- Develop a custom office locator tool built on Google Maps technology with an administration tool built into SharePoint.
- TwinEngines even provided hosting of the new SharePoint website until ABM completed a conversion of their data facility.